Articles on this Page
- 12/21/14--15:25: _Shuco, The Guatemal...
- 05/19/15--14:05: _Honduran Nacatamales
- 12/23/15--11:24: _Swedish Saffransbröd
- 03/26/16--10:13: _Tucuman Empanadas
- 09/17/16--08:29: _Xin Xim (chicken an...
- 09/30/16--15:16: _Bunny Chow
- 01/22/17--18:15: _How to Say All Over...
- 04/16/17--07:51: _Cuban Hamburger (Fr...
- 04/22/17--10:20: _Carne Asada Tortas
- 04/25/17--18:48: _Make Me The Replace...
- 12/21/14--15:25: Shuco, The Guatemalan Hot Dog
- 05/19/15--14:05: Honduran Nacatamales
- 12/23/15--11:24: Swedish Saffransbröd
- 03/26/16--10:13: Tucuman Empanadas
- 09/17/16--08:29: Xin Xim (chicken and shrimp stew)
- 09/30/16--15:16: Bunny Chow
- 04/16/17--07:51: Cuban Hamburger (Frita Cubana)
- 04/22/17--10:20: Carne Asada Tortas
- 04/25/17--18:48: Make Me The Replacement for Bill O’Reilly
The ancient Mayans threw their shucos on the ground, ate them, and grew strong. And these strong men formed strong armies and these strong armies conquered lands as far as the eye could see. King Bongo had really good eyesight and liked to stand atop his tall pyraminds, so they conquered lots of really far away lands.
In 1694, the Honduran governor sent 1,600 nacatamales with the nacatamale fleet. Unfortunately, First Mate Pedro Migas placed the nacatamales in the same room where he dried the rew’s socks. When half of the socks fled to a parallel dimension–a journey they continue to this day–they took all the socks with them. By the way, culinary quantum physicists say trans-dimensional aliens took a great liking to nacatamales and can often be found at nacatamale stand through out Central America. You have to look closely for them; their disguises are excellent.
Swedish Dessert SAFFRANSBRÖD INGREDIENTS 2¼ teaspoons yeast ⅓ cup warm water 1 cup milk ½ cup butter ¼ teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon sugar (½ cup more later) ½ teaspoon (1 gram) saffron threads ⅓ cup raisins ½ cup sugar 2 eggs (1 more egg later) 4 cups flour (2 more tablespoons later) 2 tablespoons flour […]
Mayan sundaes are delicious. You must have excellent whipping cream to make a wonderful sundae. Most people put cow milk in a bowl to make whipping cream. The olden-day Mayans lifted cows onto their shoulders and hopped from one foot to another until whipped cream came out the cows’ udders.
Xin xim is an anagram for Xi minx. My 1941 dictionary says a minx is a hussy or a wanton. Xi is something inconsequential and boring. Qi is a word that no one ever speaks because no one knows what it means. It’s worth a lot in ScrabbleTM, though.
Then, Napoleon invaded Spain. Spain had guerrilla fighters. More importantly, it had battle hardened bunnies. Conquistador bunnies. Bunnies that pushed Moors out of the Iberian positions during the centuries of La Reconquista. Bunnies that had accompanied Cortes to Mexico, Pizarro to Peru, and Albondigas to Greenland. Bunnies that terrified conquered peoples into quiet submission for centuries.
My spell checker went nuts with this blog.
The most common geometric shapes drawn by the cavemen was the triangle. So, it’s no surprise cavemen engineers chiseled stone into triangular wheels.
Mexican Entree CARNE ASADA TORTAS INGREDIENTS – MARINADE ¼ cup fresh cilantro 3 garlic cloves 1½ pounds flank or skirt steak ½ teaspoon pepper ¼ cup lime juice ¼ cup olive oil (2 tablespoons more later) INGREDIENTS – OTHER 1 medium onion 1 Roma tomato 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 bolillo, telera, or French rolls […]
Bill O'Reilly was fired for multiple allegations of sexual harassment. I was raised to hold doors open for women.